The Land of Enchantment Opera Institute is pleased to announce its 2014 opera season
June 29th – August 3rd
- July 5th to August 3rd – 30 Days of Opera – Nightly at 5:00 pm at Gallup Cultural Center (except Sundays and days of other scheduled events)
- July 12th – Meet the Singers at Downtown Arts Crawl – Wine and Opera – 5:00 pm at Gallup Cultural Center
- July 25th – Scholarship Dinner – Gallup Elks Lodge – Tickets are available by calling Amber Chisamore at 505-409-7904.
- July 27th – Free Sacred Music Concert – Sacred Heart Cathedral (415 E Green, Gallup, NM) – Doors open at 2:30.
- August 1st – Suor Angelica, by Puccini and Les Mamelles de Tirésias, by Poulenc – El Morro Theatre (GLP)
- August 3rd – Suor Angelica, by Puccini and Les Mamelles de Tirésias, by Poulenc – El Morro Theatre (GLP) (Matinee)(Free admission to those under 18 in age)
Young Artist Program
If you are a young singer looking to improve your craft, the Land of Enchantment Opera Institute is a program designed to bridge the gap between school and the professional world, transforming singers into artists. Singers at the program receive daily coachings and voice lessons from recognized masters in the opera world as well as daily master classes to hone every aspect of their performance. In addition to the operas, singers will have performing opportunities at various events over the course of the five week program.
We invite you to send in your application at our online application page. Come and spend the summer in beautiful Gallup, New Mexico and find out why we are known as the “Land of Enchantment.”
Tuition: $3,200.00 (includes housing and lunch)
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2014