Daily Examen: Part 3 of 3
A Method of Examen based on the Sacraments
An Examen from an Address Of John Paul II To The Participants In The Plenary Meeting Of The Pontifical Council For The Laity Monday, 1 March 1999
- What have I done with my Baptism?
- How am I responding to my vocation?
- What have I done with my Confirmation?
- Have I made the gifts and charisms of the Spirit bear fruit?
- Is Christ the “Thou” always present in my life?
- Am I fully and deeply a member of the Church, mystery of missionary communion, as willed by her Founder and as realized in her living Tradition?
- In my decisions, am I faithful to the truth taught by the Church’s Magisterium?
- Is my marital, family and professional life imbued with Christ’s teaching?
- Is my social and political involvement based on Gospel principles and the social doctrine of the Church?
What contribution do I make to creating ways of life more worthy of man and to inculturating the Gospel amid the great changes taking place?
At the end of the day
Hear us, Lord, holy Father, almighty and eternal God.; and graciously send your holy angel from heaven to watch over, to cherish, to protect, to abide with, and to defend all who dwell in this house. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Exaudi nos, Domine sancte, Pater omnipotens, aeterne Deus: et mittere digneris sanctum Angelum tuum de caelis, qui custodiat, foveat, protegat, visitet atque defendat omnes habitantes in hoc habitaculo. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
Visita, quaesumus, Domine
Visit , we beg you, O Lord, this dwelling, and drive from it all snares of the enemy: let your holy Angels dwell herein, to keep us in peace; and let your blessing be always upon us. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Visita, quaesumus, Domine, habitationem istam, et omnes insidias inimici ab ea longe repelle, angeli tui sancti habitent in ea, qui nos in pace custodiant; et benedictio tua sit super nos semper. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen
Leave A Comment