30 Prayers, One for Each Day of the Month
These prayers are inspired in some of the words of Bishop Javier Echevarria, the Prelate of Opus Dei. None of them are literal. A daily message from the words of St. Josemaria Escriva, the Founder of Opus Dei, can also be found at opusdei.org.
- Lord, help me to make a new beginning each day and even many times each day, putting aside my past failings and striving to please you above all.
2. Lord, please help me intensify my prayer each day for Pope Francis because I know that he counts on my support for him and his intentions.
3. Lord, let me feel the joy of invoking Mary as my Queen and my Mother.
4. Lord, help me to be generous in making reparation for my sins and for the sins of all mankind.
5. Lord, help me to realize that you cannot fail. Help me never to fail you.
6. Lord, may I always realize that you are counting on me to do my part in spreading the fruits of your saving work of Redemption.
7. Lord, may I not be slow or lazy in my response to you. May I strive each day to do more and to do better.
8. Mary, we humbly beseech you to obtain from the Most Blessed Trinity the grace that the world and society need to return to God.
9. Lord, I am so limited and have so often fallen short of your expectations. Help me to make reparation for my offenses and omissions and for those of all others.
10. Lord, grant us assurance of your victory won for us on the Cross on Calvary.
11. Lord, I want to follow the example of my Mother Mary in the greatness of her faith, the certainty of her hope, the ardor of her charity.
12. Lord, help me feel the urgent need to praise and honor Our Lady as we joyfully contemplate her at your side in the glory of Heaven.
13. Lord, help me to express my sorrow for my faults and for all the ways in which I have failed you.
14. Lord, I ask you to renew in me a love that will purify my personal miseries and enkindle in me the desire to give you all the glory.
15. Mary, we ask you to intercede for each of us before the throne of God: show yourself to be truly our Mother.
16. Lord, help me to give adequate thanks to you and to your Mother Mary for all that you have done for me.
17. Lord, I ask you to give me a share in the energy you infused into the soul of St. Josemaria that led him to defend and spread the truths of the Catholic faith.
18. Lord, may I never fail to thank you for all the wonderful things you have carried out and continue to carry out among us.
19. Lord, following the example of St. Josemaria and all your saints, may I constantly renew my faith, my hope and my love.
20. Lord, following your example may I learn daily how to love others with my whole heart.
21. Lord, we beg you to grant peace to people everywhere.
22. Lord Jesus, following the example of St. Josemaria may I constantly renew my desire to bring many souls to God and to the Church, beginning with my own family and my friends.
23. Lord, I ask your help so that each day I might confidently overcome the difficulties that I find in my path.
24. Lord, help me to realize that without you I can do nothing, but that with St. Paul I can say: “I can do all things in him who strengthens me.”(Phil. 4:13)
25. Lord, I want to go frequently to the Tabernacle, there to open my heart to you and to place my entire trust in you.
26. Lord, I am counting on you to free me from the darkness of my weaknesses, to strengthen me in the face of all adversities and to fill me with joy and optimism.
27. Lord, make me realize that you are counting on me to be a firm foundation to support your Church.
28. Lord, help me to understand that from my place in society I can contribute to the spread of the Catholic faith everywhere, even to the farthest reaches of the earth.
29. Lord, even though my life may be very ordinary, may my heart and my ideals be great.
30. Lord, fill me with hope so that I in turn might encourage those around me to face optimistically the challenges of each day.