RCIA Catechumenate Worksheet
Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC)#1210-1321. United States Catholic Catechism for Adults Chapters 15, 16
- Confirmation gives us the grace to be adult Christians. It’s essential rite includes (CCC#1293-130:
- A.Renewal of _Baptismal_ Promises (when split with Baptism);
- The Laying on of _Hands_;
- _Anointing_ with Chrism Oil.
- The effects of Confirmation include (CCC#1302-1305):
- Deeper rooting as God’s _Children_;
- Firmer union with _Christ_
- Increase in the _Gifts_ of the Holy Spirit:
- Fear of the Lord (wonder and awe);
- Piety (reverence);
- Fortitude (Courage);
- Counsel (Right Judgment);
- More perfect bond with the _Church_;
- Strength to _Spread_ and _Defend_ the Faith.
- Only those baptized can receive Confirmation (CCC#1306-1314).
- It is celebrated only _Once_ in the life of the Christian;
- For those receiving it after the age of reason, one must:
- _Profess_ the Faith;
- Be in the state of _Grace_;
- Have the _Intention_ of receiving it;
- Be ready to be Christ’s _Disciple_ and _Witness_.
- The ordinary minister of the sacrament is the _Bishop_, but it can be administered by a Priest.
Leave A Comment